The European Schools were set up primarily to provide education for children of employees of EU Institutions. Schooling is from pre-school to Baccalaureate level and children learn in their native language. The European School Karlsruhe, as a controlled public institution, aims to provide students with values such as openness, tolerance and democracy.
Around 900 students from over 50 countries in 15 native languages from the catchment area of Strasbourg, Heidelberg, Mannheim and Stuttgart already attend our school from kindergarten through high school. The school is located in the district Waldstadt at the edge of the Hardtwald and is easily accessible by public transport.
1 teaching assistant for Primary school in the Anglophone section
(for a child with special needs) to start 4th of March 2019
Job description :
- The Intensive Support Assistant’s role is to assist pupils with Special Educational Needs in their every day school routine, in the classroom and possibly during the child’s breaks
- The Intensive Support Assistant will be involved in the special educational support given to the pupil and the follow‐up of this support.
- The Intensive Support Assistant will work in collaboration and close communication with class and support teacher. The teaching assistant will need to communicate on a regular basis with the parents, attend meetings and cooperate with teachers and support coordinator.
- The Intensive Support Assistant will participate in school activities and meetings
- The contract of employment will be written in accordance with the Service Regulations of the Administrative and Ancillary Staff of the ESK
The total weekly hours are approx. 7 but may change depending on the child’s needs.
- Diploma or qualification suited to carrying out this function.
- Native speaker or equivalent fluency in English.
- An experience of working with children especially aged 6-11 years.
- Good communication skills – with the child, parents, class teacher support teacher and management.
- Good organisation skills and be able to work of own initiative.
The contract of employment will be written in accordance with the Service Regulations of the Administrative and Ancillary Staff of the European Schools, annex II, available at: www.eursc.eu.
The position starts in category 1.5 and on salary scale 1.
They should contain: application letter, European CV (“Europass”), diploma and certificate of good conduct (from police records). Only applications respecting the procedure will be taken
The preselected candidates will be invited to an interview after 18th of February 2019.
No answer will be given to the candidates before the end of the procedure. Candidates who haven’t received any answer by February 18th 2019 should consider that their application has
Please note that all personal data will be stored electronically, respecting the confidentiality. Candidates, who don’t wish us to keep their data, are kindly asked to let us know.
Please look at our homepage:
The vacancy can be downloaded here: Download Joboffer