Karlsruhe, 2 May 2022
The European School Karlsruhe (Germany) is looking for:
1 Class Teacher for Primary school
with fixed-term contract (app. 21 hours a week)
for the Anglophone section
From 1 September 2022
For the school years 2022-2023 (until 31 August, 2023) with a possibility to be extended
Job description :
The locally recruited teacher (m/f) is employed under the status of salaried employee to teach in the Anglophone section of the classes in the Primary school.
The total weekly hours of teaching is a minimum of 21 (the number of weekly hours may be extended).
- Diploma or qualification suited to carrying out this function
- Native speaker equivalent fluency in English. A native speaker is an advantage, non-native speakers must provide a certificate of language competence
- Good command of at least one of the working languages (French, German) or be willing to start learning German
- Proven teaching experience for children at primary level (Age 6-10)
- Experience of working in a multicultural environment and with children for whom English is a second or additional language is an asset
- Excellent rapport with children
- Effective communication skills
According to the conditions of employment for part-time [locally recruited] teachers recruited after 31 August 2011, readable on www.eursc.eu. “Part-time teachers shall be paid app. € 169.00 per month for one hour a week in primary and nursery classes”.
They should contain: application letter, European CV (“Europass”), diploma and certificate of good conduct (from police records). Only applications respecting the procedure will be taken into consideration.
The preselected candidates will be invited to an interview beginning end of May, 2022. No answer will be given to the candidates before the end of the procedure. Candidates who have not received any answer by June 10th should consider that their application has been unsuccessful.
The job advertisement can be downloaded here
*Please note that all personal data will be stored electronically, respecting the confidentiality regulations.