Karlsruhe September 09th 2021
The European School Karlsruhe (Germany) is looking for:
1 Cover Teacher for Primary school
with fixed-term contract (app. 21 hours a week)
for the Anglophone section
For the school years 2021-2022
From September 20th, 2021 – August, 31st 2022: Replacement (maternity leave)
with a possibility to be extended
The locally recruited teacher is employed under the status of salaried employee to teach in the Anglophone section of the classes in the Primary school.
The total weekly hours of teaching are a minimum of 21 (the number of weekly hours may be extended).
- Diploma or qualification suited to carrying out this function
- Native speaker equivalent fluency in English. A native speaker is an advantage, non-native speakers must provide a certificate of language competence
- Good command of at least one of the working languages (French, German) or be willing to start learning German
- Proven teaching experience for children at primary level (Age 6-10)
- Experience of working in a multicultural environment and with children for whom English is a second or additional language is an asset
- Excellent rapport with children
- Effective communication skills
According to the conditions of employment for part-time [locally recruited] teachers recruited after August 31, 2011, readable on www.eursc.eu, “Part-time teachers shall be paid app. € 169.00 per month for one hour a week in primary and nursery classes”.
The applications have to be sent via e-mail ONLY to the following addresses email@example.com or KAR-DEPUTY-DIRECTOR-NURSERY-AND-PRIMARY-CYCLE@eursc.eu
before September 16th, 2021, 12.00 a.m. They should contain: application letter, European CV (“Europass”), diploma and certificate of good conduct (from police records). Only applications respecting the procedure will be taken into consideration.
The preselected candidates will be invited to an interview, possibly via MS TEAMS.
No answer will be given to the candidates before the end of the procedure. Candidates who have not received any answer by September 15th should consider that their application has been unsuccessful. *Please note that all personal data will be stored electronically, respecting the confidentiality regulations. Candidates, who don’t wish us to keep their data, are kindly asked to let us know).
The job offer can be dowloaded here